Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

La Manila Original - Midvalley KL



Ambience : 5 (Coffee shop style)
Food : 8 - Braised chicken with rice
Service : 5
Price : RM4.50 - Coffee

When I go to a place that have a name of a particular city, I would assume that it would be a place with a signature food, meaning La Manila would have have something from Manila,right?

But its not in their menu, so I assume its just a name.

I ordered braised chicken with rice & freshly brewed coffee. The waiter is courteous enough but could do better. Though I feel it have the same standard we could expect from a normal Chinese coffee shop. Its not bad but having a coffee shop in Midvalley should have top up their standard a little bit.

The food comes quick.

After eating a few bad chicken for a few time, tasting fresh chicken meat seems like heaven. Braised chicken would usually tasted like it had lived in the fridge for far too long. But La Manila chicken tasted fresh. The sauce was good though nothing distinct, the soup taste nice too and the rice had some really good aroma to it. So basically food was great.

However, the moment I put my spoon down the waitress whisked my food away. Actually they thought they are doing me a favor but for someone who likes to play with foods...I was taken by surprise.

Then again, they did asked first so I could've have said something but I didn't.

Guess the fault is not all theirs.

Ambience is like a coffee shop. If I'm not in Mid Valley I would have thought I just stumbled upon into those more 'elegant' chinese coffee shop.

And uniform could be done better. Apart from the T-Shirt there are lack of conformity. From jeans to croc sandals to sneakers.

Again it cross my mind of a Chinese coffee shop. Hey, I've nothing against coffee shop but this is suppose to be La Manila in Mid Valley, KL. Won't you agree if the standard should rise a bit?

My suggestions is to increase the service part. Food was great so I still would recommend others to go there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment