Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

Toast Box - Mid Valley KL

Arriving at the North Court Entrance of Mid Valley KL, I'm teased with the aroma of old style coffee. So I decided to drop off and get myself some coffee at the source of the aroma; Toast Box.

And made my first mistake...ordered Laksa.

To really enjoyed Toast Box I should've ordered coffee with some bread toast but instead I ordered Laksa; the noodles with curry & rich coconut gravy. I've never liked Laksa & have no idea why I ordered it.

Oh yes...I was hungry. And there are no food apart from the seemingly cold Nasi Lemak & bread toast which I don't consider good enough for lunch.

Well, after I ordered I went off & find myself a nice spot in a myriad of hardwood furnitures that gives a melancholy rustic feelings. Which I like, by the way.

The coffee is good. Thick texture and not so sweet. Aroma preserved. Nicely prepared. But the laksa...well to put it nicely, quite a taste that I'm never going to order it ever again. The coconut gravy was too thick overriding the actual laksa taste. The noodle are almost non existent and the prawn has been dead for quite a while. I think I took around five spoonful or less before I push the whole bowl off.

So, I thought, hey what the heck...I'm being negative. So I ordered the set with Honey Toast, another black coffee and eggs. To my amusement (and a tad bit disappointed) the coffee arrived with milk, thick honey toast and the eggs was forgotten. I got it later. Oh well...

The waiter apologized courteously as he delivered my eggs and my bills. I paid. Then he came back saying that my bill was cheaper and he apologized again. I'm not sure whether I should be happy with his honesty or feel bad that he doesn't seem to know his job well.

And he didn't come back with my receipt.

The second coffee is as good as the first. Nicely done. But the other food needs some improvement.

Toast should be served hot not cold, eggs should be piping hot not lukewarm and scrap the laksa.

All and all its a good place to sit, drink coffee and read a book. But I would not recommend my friends to order anything else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment