Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Perfect Book - A poem

"I have an idea my friend,
To write a perfect book,
That will list all the reasons & excuses,
And the choices that we took.

And I will convince you my friend,
That my words are very true,
We can't change the way we are,
We can't change the things we do.

You will never be rich you see,
You're just not born to be,
Your mama is plain, your daddy is poor,
And that's how you're gonna be.

You're not significant, I can tell,
You are fat & just too ugly,
Or you're pretty but you're dumb,
Or you're smart but too geeky.

You'll suffer of your addictions,
And you know thats just okay,
Sex, smoking, booze, drugs and all,
Everybody die someday.

Don't look at me that way, my friend,
You know I care for you,
So if you commit suicide today,
Tomorrow, I'll cry boo hoo hoo.

You don't have a choice,you know,
Don't fight for your personal rights,
Gives yourself reasons and excuses,
Hide your dreams, out of sight.

Your family
Is in the way
Your friend
Is in the way
Your intellect
Is in the way
Your bank account
Is in the way
Your weakness
Is in the way

And so the list goes on...

I guess you got valid reasons,my friend,
So just suffer for one more day,
Never mind about tomorrow,
Its going to be terrible, by the way.

So gives me your reasons & excuses,
So I can write the perfect bestseller,
Every man and woman will buy it,
The most sold out book ever.

And as I solemnly watched with tears,
As your dreams withered and dies,
I collect all my royalties,
And go sunbathing in Hawaii."



Inspired in a moment of reflection while reading a book in McDonald.

0 comments:

Post a Comment